Wednesday, May 11, 2011

*Drumroll Please* May Birchbox has arrived!

After a month of patiently waiting, it's finally here! My very first Birchbox! I've heard many beauty gurus on youtube rave about this monthly subscription service and I finally decided to try it out. I must say, I am not disappointed at all. For those of you asking, "What is a Birchbox?" basically it's a monthly subscription ($10/month) for which you receive 4-5 deluxe samples of the newest and best beauty products out there.

On to the fun stuff...

I opened this little pink box it smelled like heaven and I must attribute that to the first item in my birchbox:



1. Archipelago Pomegranate Soap triple milled 

Even though I am not a huge fan of bar soaps I am definitely giving this one a try. It is a triple milled (oooh fancy!) luxe soap that smells exactly as described, but also has white tea, cranberry, and chamomile extracts. It has such a pretty design and the smell is so heavenly I almost want to just put it in one of my drawers so all my clothes can smell this good!



2. Kerastase Reflections Bain Chroma Riche


I must say, although I've had previous experience with this product I was very excited to see it was included. I can definitely say this product does exactly what it claims. It's turned my dull thin tresses into silky, dare I say thicker and healthier looking hair yay! After trying every hair product out there, I am relieved to find this little gem. So 2 thumbs up for Kerastase.




3. Jouer moisturizing lip gloss - "Glisten"


I first heard about this company from one of my favorite beauty gurus out there, missglamorazzi so I was excited to try it. This is the first product I tried from my birchbox and I must say I rather like it. It has a wand applicator which is one of my favorite and has a very smooth texture and no fragrance to it which is a plus in my book. I got it in the shade "Glisten" which is a clear gloss with golden reflects. I would have enjoyed a little more product though...I'm not sure this qualifies as a "deluxe sample" since it's barely 1/4 of the size of the regular size tube.




4. AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask


Lately I've been on a face mask kick so needless to say this was perfect for me. This mask claims to give you brighter skin in just two minutes...SOLD!!!! Most of the masks I use now, although amazing, take at least 15 minutes (the hubby doesn't appreciate what he calls "jungle face") I can't wait to try it!

Finally, the treat of the month was a Tiny prints Greeting Card. I also received a Jouer luminizing moisture tint in two shades : Pearl and Golden. Can't wait to try these!

What product was your favorite in this month's Birchbox?












No comments:

Post a Comment